Thinking of selling a business at some point in the future? There’s never a time too soon to start to think things through. Not just for the sale of the business but from a personal perspective too! But before you place the business on the market, have you thought through some of the following:
- How much is the business worth “on paper” at least?
- What needs to be done to make the business “Exit ready” and saleable?
- What steps should you be taking to maximise Shareholder Value?
- What tax planning measures should be in place before you sell?
- What process is put in place to find a suitable Buyer?
- What is the legal process from Heads of Terms to legal completion?
- What are the options for financial planning following legal completion?
- How much will it all cost?!
The good news is that Stirling has partnered with a team of experts who will all meet in one Zoom meeting (lasting no more than two hours) to help answer the above questions and talk through the options facing you in complete confidence – no one else, as these meetings are tailored to you and your business and no one else’s!
To give an example:
A medium sized, well established engineering firm was invited along to one of our business exit clinics, where the directors were keen to explore their options at exit. Following a valuation report we were then able to contextualize this offer in the wider scheme of their financial planning using bespoke financial planning modelling tools. This clarity around their planning gave them the confidence to proceed with the exit process, safe in the knowledge that it made sense financially. A detailed and personalised plan was put together on how best to utilise the sale assets to support the directors in their retirement.
Obviously, these meetings have very limited availability.
But to get things started, simply register your interest for a FREE Zoom meeting with the industry experts by completing the form below: